SPAM Level Status - And why not stop the peering with lame ISPs

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 04:26:48 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, Alain Hebert <ahebert at pubnix.net> wrote:

>     Its the other 20% which is buggin the hell of our clients...
> (Mostly New spam format and the dynamic spam with generated images)

Try a few of the cheaper tricks - HELO checks, for example, or
greetpause (I'd say graylisting but that has interesting consequences
when it comes up against another "cool antispam trick" - sender
address callbacks).

They'll cut down on a ton of this stuff.  AUPs etc are good but
believing in the "be generous in what you accept" part of that old saw
never got you anywhere... though a certain amount of generosity is
called for all right.

>     Most ARIN ISP's also take it somewhat seriously (legal issues and
> such)...  Except for those big ones, big lawyers thrump reality/truth
> anytime.

Asiapac ISPs have a rather worse problem but well - theyre not the only ones.

Like I said try maawg - the next one is later this month in SFO - www.maawg.org

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)