SPAM Level Status - And why not stop the peering with lame ISPs

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 02:02:55 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, Alain Hebert <ahebert at pubnix.net> wrote:
>     That new bunch of spam is hard to tag on digest alone...  And I dont
> believe in regexing the content to see if a url is listed (too many
> false positive).

Then you're doing it wrong.

And you'd discover for yourself that its a dumb move to nullroute or
depeer with everything you can think of, trying to block spam

Shouldnt be too hard to find that out even if you run a small local
ISP in montreal, given the huge number of chinese / vietnamese people
I saw there (they'd probably all use shaw and bell anyway)

If you didnt attend the MAAWG mtg in montreal late last year you
missed out on learning quite a lot of really operational spam
filtering, none of which included "nullroute whatever you can"

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)