SPAM Level Status - And why not stop the peering with lame ISPs

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Thu Feb 9 19:42:58 UTC 2006

    Is it just me or the level of spam coming from ASIA (region) has
just increased 10 fold in the past week?

    And naturally abuse emails are left unanwsered.

-----

     I could see Peer stopping annoncement of the routes of ISP's that
do not comply with abuse (I mean high volume of abuse here) after 12h...

    Or why not having the registrar blackhole the domain if the abuse
level gets too high?

    Right now I see that most of our clients are blacklisting emails
from China since it looks like they just dont care about fixing their
security/spam issues...

------

    That new bunch of spam is hard to tag on digest alone...  And I dont
believe in regexing the content to see if a url is listed (too many
false positive).

Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
P.O. Box 175       Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514-990-9443