AT&T (AS7018) customer triggered blackhole routing?

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Feb 9 16:22:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, A Satisfied Mind wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if AT&T (the old one, AS7018) has customer trigged
> > blackhole routing?   I looked in the copy of the BGP policy I have
> > from 04/2005, and see nothing about it, and cannot find the updated
> > online version.
>
> I really doubt it.  Last time I talked to a couple of AT&T sales
> engineers, they didn't even support selective prepending based on
> communities.  It actually took a while to find one the concept could be
> explained to.

mci/vzb sales folks as a whole can't explain it either, but we offer it...
I'd suspect if the original poster would have used a more legittimate
email address they might have recieved a directed note back from one of
the several ATT nanog-readers...

(note, of course there are always sales folks that CAN explain these
things, but in general they end up asking a tech person inside their
company... or we hope they do)

-Chris