AT&T (AS7018) customer triggered blackhole routing?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Feb 9 16:12:28 UTC 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, A Satisfied Mind wrote:

> Does anyone know if AT&T (the old one, AS7018) has customer trigged
> blackhole routing?   I looked in the copy of the BGP policy I have
> from 04/2005, and see nothing about it, and cannot find the updated
> online version.

I really doubt it.  Last time I talked to a couple of AT&T sales
engineers, they didn't even support selective prepending based on
communities.  It actually took a while to find one the concept could be
explained to.

BTW...
http://www.nanog.org/aup.html
Acceptable Use Policy
7. Postings to the list must be made using real, identifiable names and
addresses, rather than aliases.

A Satisfied Mind <anti.confidentiality.notices at gmail.com> doesn't appear
to qualify.