Cogent

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Feb 8 17:02:35 UTC 2006

At 11:53 AM 08/02/2006, Joseph Nuara wrote:

>Can anyone shed some light on the current Cogent latency issues? The
>scoreboard is lit up like a Tree ... Thanks.

http://status.cogentco.com

Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description: Welcome to
Cogent Communications' Network Status Message. Today is Wednesday Feb
8th at 10:30am EST.

Cogent is currently experiencing an outage in the Chicago area. Some
customers may experience latency on the Cogent backbone due to the
Chicago outage. The outage is caused by break within our fiber
providers network. The provider's techs are onsite where they believe
the break is located as well as splice crews on the way. No estimate
time of repair at this time. Please use HD376421 as a reference for
this outage.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.