Middle Eastern Exchange Points

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Wed Feb 8 04:55:30 UTC 2006

      On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Martin Hannigan wrote:
    > Interconnecting in a government exchange is
    > still peering.

Uh, not if it's buying transit.

    > They are peering, even if it isn't by our
    > definitions.

Uh, Marty...  the difference between peering and transit is that they have
different definitions.  If you say transit is peering, just not by our
definitions, then you're into 1984 territory.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

For me, however, peering is peering, and transit is transit, and my world
works better when I use words in accord with, rather than in contravention
to, their definitions.

                                -Bill