Lightning Talks at NANOG 36

Steve Feldman feldman at twincreeks.net
Mon Feb 6 21:26:56 UTC 2006

We have reserved one hour of the NANOG 36 agenda for "Lightning Talks".

A lightning talk is a very short presentation or speech by any
attendee on any topic relevant to the NANOG audience.  These are
limited to ten minutes; this will be strictly enforced.

If have a topic that's timely, interesting, or even a crackpot idea
you want to share, we encourage you to consider presenting it.

Signups for lightning talks will be accepted during the NANOG
meeting.  The Program Committee will accept relevant talks until
all the slots are filled.  (Details will be announced during the
meeting.)

Use of slides is optional.  Any slides must be in PDF or Powerpoint
format, and will be loaded in advance onto the speaker laptop on
the podium.

There is a good overview of the use of lightning talks at the Perl
coference at:
  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/07/30/lightningtalk.html

Although their format is slightly different, many of their ideas
will apply here.

Looking forward to seeing you in Dallas,
	Steve Feldman
	PC Chair