On the inoc-dba subject

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Feb 6 16:07:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Joe Maimon wrote:

>> pch.net publishes a SPF record:
>> "v=spf1 ip4:204.61.210.70/32 mx mx:woodynet.net a:sprockets.gibbard.org
>> a:ghosthacked.net ~all"
>>
>> Besides going from soft-fail (~all) to fail (-all), they are already
>> giving you the tools you need to validate a MAIL FROM: claim.
>
> Thats all very well and good, but advising people who do not validate with
> spf to whitelist by domain name is an over-simplification.

So call it additional clue-boundary to entry and be done with this silly
thread.

Besides, the site doesn't specify how to filter/whitelist...just to make
sure you can accept mail from pch.net.  A simple person might take that to
mean "I better allow any @pch.net from address" but that's not what the
site says.