Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact?

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Fri Feb 3 16:04:51 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 Feb 2006 15:32, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> There's also the deeper question:  Why do we let the situation persist?
> Why do we tolerate the continued problems from unreachable companies?

Economics. Some of those unreachable companies (the majority?) are huge
networks who your customers care about reaching for whatever reason.

Until someone comes up with a way of punishing them, or their customers,
without punishing themselves, or their own customers equally.....

Sounds like one for pledgebank.... something like "we'll delay every email to
every domain listed in rfc-ignorant for 30(?) minutes if 500 other email
admins will do the same"....

All comes back to Internet death sentence type thinking. Although I think
delaying email is perhaps better than null routing the network, since it
hurts enough to highlight the issue, but isn't too damaging.

Better ideas sought.