Modelling a large ISP network with C-BGP

Todd Underwood todd-nanog at renesys.com
Thu Feb 2 19:58:06 UTC 2006

Alain,

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:01:27PM -0500, Alain Hebert wrote:

>    I'm I alone to find this a bit spammy?

It's a free tool that imports real router configs and apparently can
scale to simulate very large networks.  That seems

	--operational
	--useful
	--noncommercial

seems right on-target to me.

for the record, renesys wrote the ssfnet (ssfnet.org) simulation
framework, so we respect people who do a good job of producing
high-quality simulation engines.  it is most certainly not easy and if
this release is any good, i suspect it will be appreciated by those
networks large enough to still have a R&D staff to take advantage of
it.

t.

todd underwood
chief of operations & security