74/8 75/8 76/8

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Feb 2 03:25:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> 74.63.0.0/20
> 75.127.0.0/20
> 76.191.0.0/20
>
> ...should be withdrawn now.

Why?

> Allocation out of 74/8 happened on 12/20/2005 and 76/8 1/19/2006.

So?

> Operationally, the testing should stop prior to allocations
> from the block, regardless of size. I think it's a binary
> question, they're either in production or not, and if they are,
> there should be no intrusive testing.

Why should the testing stop (and what sort of testing did Cymru do?)?
>From my experience with 69/8 space (69box.atlantic.net), I can tell you,
networks with outdated bogon filters will always exist.  If Cymru is
providing or can provide a tool for people to use to test/verify that
certain networks have such filters affecting the above blocks, then it's
still a useful service.