74/8 75/8 76/8

Martin Hannigan hannigan at renesys.com
Wed Feb 1 20:58:43 UTC 2006

>On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:36:31PM -0500, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>>
>>  74/8, 75/8, and 76/8
>>  These /20's out of ASN 36666 Cymru Testing:
>>
>>  74.63.0.0/20
>>  75.127.0.0/20
>>  76.191.0.0/20
>>
>>  ...should be withdrawn now. Allocation out of 74/8 happened
>>  on 12/20/2005 and 76/8 1/19/2006.
>>
>>  Operationally, the testing should stop prior to allocations
>>  from the block, regardless of size. I think it's a binary
>>  question, they're either in production or not, and if they are,
>>  there should be no intrusive testing.
>
>It looks like they were given real ARIN allocations for those test
>prefixes, so its not like those blocks are going to assigned to some
>random network who goes to use them and finds out there is a Cymru
>announcement on their space.

Good point. ARIN doesn't have a policy to release space
for testing so it must be real. There's a lot of reasons
why they should come out and be returned to the pool besides
the whois listing which is why I made the (operational) post.

Stop picking on me ras. :) I've got whole countries on me.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574
                                               hannigan at renesys.com