Security of National Infrastructure

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Dec 29 22:27:47 UTC 2006

> Why is it that every company out there allows connections through their
> firewalls to their web and mail infrastructure from countries that they
> don't even do business in. Shouldn't it be our default to only allow US
> based IP addresses and then allow others as needed? The only case I can
> think of would be traveling folks that need to VPN or something, which
> could be permitted in the Firewall, but WHY WIDE OPEN ACCESS? We still
> seem to be in the wild west, but no-one has the b at lls to be braven and
> block the unnecessary access.

maybe because those godless communist sexually deviant vicious perverts
out there in the rest of the world are damned hard to differentiate from
the sexually deviant vicious perverts we have in our government?

and there money is still good.  you may want to look at the balance of
trade and worry about the opposite flow.

sheesh!

randy