Collocation Access

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Thu Dec 28 17:04:37 UTC 2006

>Indeed. I'm surprised the market hasn't produced facilities with
>better thought through and executed security and access controls. Is
>there not enough competition in each metro area for anything other
>than lowest common denominator?

 From what I've seen? No.

At the moment, the top priority of colocation customers is power
availability, followed swiftly by price.

It is slowly turning into a seller's market - IF the facility has
available power (and I pity those facilities who are at their
limits), but the customer is still primarily picking on $s alone.

WRT security process and procedures, most customers seem to be just
interested if they exist. Of course they want them applied very
strictly to everyone else but THEM.

--chuck