Collocation Access

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at
Wed Dec 27 23:15:46 UTC 2006

On Dec 27, 2006, at 6:13 PM, Leo Vegoda wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> [...]
>> To open a totally separate can-of-worms, why not take my driver's  
>> license?  Easier to replace than a passport and much less trouble  
>> when crossing borders.  And before someone says "they don't know  
>> what a DL from $COUNTRY looks like", realize that they really  
>> don't know what a passport looks like either.
> My driving license doesn't have a photograph on it, so using it as  
> an identity document is pointless. Some organisations use it that  
> way, but...

Sorry, I thought we were discussing something to be held by the staff  
to ensure you return an access card.  That does not have to be the  
same document used to verify identity.  Last time I checked, the $50  
(or £20, or ¥5000 or whatever) bill didn't have my picture on it either.

Although I admit the $50 bill gets me into more places than my DL. ;)


More information about the NANOG mailing list