Home media servers, AUPs, and upstream bandwidth utilization.

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Tue Dec 26 18:07:50 UTC 2006

On Dec 24, 2006, at 11:29 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> So to sum up, the upstream problem you're talking about is already
> here, it's just that instead of using your own PVR box and then
> sharing that, someone did this somewhere in the world, encoded it
> into Xvid and then it is shared between end users (illegally). I
> believe the problem is the same.

Understood - part of what I'm trying to ask (not very well,
apparently, heh) is whether presumably non-infringing mechanisms/
services such as the Slingbox are viewed and/or would be treated any
differently than P2P filesharing apps.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

		All battles are perpetual.

     		   -- Milton Friedman