Foundry MLX experience?

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Thu Dec 21 02:49:51 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am looking for a faster solution for our core. Our backbone
connections are almost all exclusively Fast Ethernet, GigE, with some
10GE stuff on the horizon. We need something which can run at wire
speed and take full routes now and for for the next 3-4 years. The
Foundry MLX looks like the right box at the right price, but I wanted
to know if anyone else has these running with 10-15 iBGP peers,
60-100 eBGP peers, and full routes from up to 10 transit connections.
How do they stand up to high traffic loads, DOS attacks, etc. How is
their BGP implementation, how do 3rd party SFPs work, and how stable
is the hardware and software? If you happen to have experience
running ISIS on them too any info on that would be great. Offlist is
fine and I can summarize for the group. Thanks for any input you can offer!

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin