Microsoft Corporate Postmaster Contact?

Al Iverson aliversonchicagolists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 00:30:27 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, S. Ryan <auser at mind.net> wrote:

> I don't think it should ever be acceptable to have to 'sign up' to
> report a security/network problem.

Apples and oranges -- this isn't signing up to report a security issue.

SNDS is Microsoft provindg you data regarding what they can see about
your IPs sending mail to Microsoft's networks. It certainly appears to
be optional. If you are an ISP or somebody else sending any sort of
significant amount of mail, it can be very useful. I've found it quite
helpful.

In theory, the point of registration is to track which data is given
to whom, to prevent abuse. When/if you choose to apply, somebody at a
published network administrator address will be sent an email
requesting permission to give the registered user access to the data.

Regards,
Al Iverson
ExactTarget
--