Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

Barry Greene (bgreene) bgreene at cisco.com
Fri Dec 15 19:21:14 UTC 2006

-> We have this source:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

-> We "source" URLs for each of the RIRs in the prefix filter templates:

ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/isp/security/Ingress-Prefix-Filter-Template
s/

http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-isp-prefix-filter-loose.htm

http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-isp-prefix-filter-strict.htm

-> We have the Bogon Router Server:

	http://www.cymru.com/BGP/bogon-rs.html

-> We have the RIPE project to help with the migration:

	http://www.ris.ripe.net/debogon/

-> We have the RADB Filters:

http://www.radb.net/cgi-bin/radb/whois.cgi?obj=MAINT-BOGON-FILTERS

-> We have the RIPE DB Filters:

http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois?searchtext=MAINT-BOGON-FILTERS&form_type=
simple

-> And there is DNS and E-mail notifications ......

All of this is listed at http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html

So what would be helpful are people who say "I've done everything (or
some of the things) off the Bogon Team page and think there is a better
way." The core problem right now are that too many organizations are
doing nothing to maintain policy once that policy choice has been
selected.