Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Dec 11 15:34:51 UTC 2006

Scott Morris wrote:
> So we're saying that a lawsuit is an intelligent method to force someone
> else to correct something that you are simply using to avoid the irritation
> of manually updating things yourself???
>
> That seems to be the epitomy of laziness vs. litigousness.
>
> Scott

I would doubt the person using a bogon list would be the initiator of a lawsuit.
It would be more plausible that the person using the netspace listed incorrectly
as a bogon would have just cause for filing a lawsuit.

It's annoying enough to chase after all the people who manually configure bogon
networks and forget them in their firewalls. From previous posts, it appears
that this is a case of continued propagation of incorrect information after
being notified of the inaccuracy, and the information is published as being
fact; implying accuracy.

Jack Bates