Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

Allan Houston ahouston at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 12:16:37 UTC 2006

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi *,
> in august IANA handed 77/8 78/8 79/8 to RIPE which started handing out
> those ranges 2 months ago.
>
> We (Telefonica Deutschland AS6805) are seeing a lot of reachability problems
> most likely caused by not updated bogon filters.
>
> For testing purposes 77.181.114.4 aka bogon.mediaways.net
> is up for icmp/http.
>
> Please check and possibly update your filters.
>
> Flo (aka flo at telefonica.de)

This probably isn't helped much by sites like completewhois.com still
showing these ranges as bogons..

http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/active_bogons.htm

They've ignored all my attempts to get them to update so far.. sigh..

Allan Houston - IP Network Operations
Tel : +44 1483 582615
ntl: Telewest