DNS - connection limit (without any extra hardware)

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Sun Dec 10 19:45:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Petri Helenius wrote:

>> Virtual patching.
>
> How do I virtual patch the machine in ireland which attacked my mail server
> just a few minutes ago?

You don't patch the machine in Ireland, but once your "virtual patching
box" identifies a hostile system and identifies what it is infected with,
it can then do the virtual patching on your end so that all subsequent
pkts entering from that machine in Ireland are cleaned and no longer
hostile.

-Hank