U.S./Europe connectivity

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Dec 6 15:31:30 UTC 2006

> "You cannae break the laws of physics, Captain!"
>
> Seriously, LINX is the obvious first step.

To find a low latency connection from Chicago to Europe?

Somehow I think that he should be shopping locally but
it might be useful to use the LINX looking-glass
to validate what his local vendors tell him about
round trip times. Or he could use a looking-glass
in Chicago to measure traffic to various European
destinations.

LINX, London
http://www.linx.net/www_public/our_network/network_tools

Equinix, Chicago
http://lg.broadwing.net/looking/

If I were in his position I would make the rounds of
all vendors in Chicago, ask for prices and latency data,
then check their latency numbers using various
looking-glass sites. If a vendor gives out numbers that
vary significantly from what you can measure then I
would want a detailed explanation of why that is.

--Michael Dillon