ICANN to remove fee restrictions on .INFO, .ORG, .BIZ?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Wed Aug 30 04:41:00 UTC 2006

[sorry for top-quoting] Can someone explain to me what this proposed
lifting of fees or the new registry-registrar agreement will do to the
fees paid by everyone to whoever is running the database that holds it
all (Netsol/Internic/who knows what)... it seems to me that the largest
part of the fixed cost of the domain registration is going to them and
always has. (at least for .COM/.NET I don't know about the rest).
Couldn't this end be opened up to lowest-cost-bidder type stuff?

Deepak