Is it my imagination or are countless operations impacted today with mysql meltdowns

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sun Aug 27 19:38:29 UTC 2006

--On Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:28 PM -0700 Henry Linneweh
<hrlinneweh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> peoples businesses on and I wanted to see how many other isp's were
> affected and what their solutions  were in resolving the problem. That to
> me is operational impact, since it affects customers on multiple networks.

It's not a network/router/BGP/infrastructure problem, though. It's an app
problem. So while I don't know Mr. "Bush" and choose not to agree or
disagree with him at this time, I'd argue that it might not be strictly
on-topic. On the other hand, the information still might be of some use to
many of thee people here.

**SJS (owie, straddling the fence *hurts*, maybe I should move now)

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.