newbie howto

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Wed Aug 23 22:55:22 UTC 2006

On 21-Aug-2006, at 11:15, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> 	ok, so perhaps i'm not a "newbie"...
> 	the nanog web site indicates that registration opens in midAugust.
> 	on my calender, 21aug is clearly past the mid-point, yet i see
> 	no way to register to attend nanog 38.
>
> 	has registration filled up?

As you'd be able to see from the last set of SC minutes (if I had
remembered to send them to Merit to publish on the web page before
just now) Merit are currently user-testing a new registration system
which has features that are required to facilitate voting in October.

I don't remember knowing what the original timeline for rollout of
that system was, but given the general background business of Merit's
NANOG people I would not be surprised to find out that it had slipped
from the original target date.

One of the goals of the new system (IIRC) was to make it easier to
reuse code for different meetings, which (IIIDRC) ought to make slips
less likely in the future.

So no, as far as I know registration has not filled up, and is not
open yet, and you can ask nanog-support at nanog.org for the official word.

Joe