ICG Experience

Randy Epstein repstein at chello.at
Wed Aug 23 18:53:45 UTC 2006

Aaron Glenn wrote:

>if by "assimilated rather quickly" you mean "answers the phone with
>'Level3' instead of 'Wiltel' " then yes, they are. Otherwise it's the
>same network with the same equipment and generally the same people
>pre-acquisition

I would think that Elijah was looking slightly longer term than
pre-acquisition.  Based on when Level(3) made the acquisition announcement,
I'd guess that they are fairly close to completing it, and if you've noticed
the changes at some of their other recent acquisitions, they typically do a
lot more than just change the way they answer the phone.

As far as Wiltel goes, the entire sales team I was dealing with was gone by
the time the deal completed.  There were also entire outside plant personnel
changes, etc.

I've also recently dealt with Level(3) acquiring other vendors of mine, such
as Progress Telecom and Telcove.

I stand by my statement, but opinions of your experiences are welcome of
course.

-Randy