ICG Experience

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Wed Aug 23 18:23:41 UTC 2006

Elijah Savage wrote:
> Hopefully this will be my last time querying the group for provider
> experience. My previous experience with them was a while back when they
> filed for bankruptcy and cut back on support, but a coworker just
> informed me they have since been purchased by Level3. Is there anyone
> here that has any cross connects or any type of connectivity to them and
> wish to share their experience offline I would appreciate it.

We've got SONET with them out of Cleveland, handling a bunch of DS-3 and
T1 circuits. Most of our issues with ICG are due to cross-connect DS-3s
going down between COs somewhere, so I don't know if some of their
circuits are built on non-protected fiber. We dumped a few T1s last week
when they lost a DS-3 somewhere for about 2 hrs - Never had that problem
with other carriers we use.

David