[Full-disclosure] what can be done with botnet C&C's?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 17 19:10:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:55:36 EDT, Jordan Medlen said:
> Thanks for the info. I will pass this to our abuse department to get rid of
> those. We are still tweaking our system and is only about 90% deployed, but
> after all of the efforts to deploy the system, it should pay-off many many
> times over.

Something that would probably help a *lot* (and get some publicity for
yourself and your shop while you're at it :) is to do up a short presentation
or paper discussing what the total aggregate payoff ends up being.  Being
able to point at "This company spent $yyyK doing X, Y and Z, and achieved a
total net savings of $x.xM/year" is quite useful when trying to explain to
other sites why they should clean up their networks....