european colo/bandwidth facilites?

Mark D. Kaye mark at eatonkaye.com
Wed Aug 16 13:33:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

I can only comment from a UK perspective but...

Personally I would check the Colo facility contracts very carefully before agreeing.

LINX have just reviewed contracts within some of the major facilities in London TelecityRedbus (Now Merged in to one company) and Telehouse Europe

The Review made very interesting reading, the contract terms of these to companies are very different, particularily with attention to price rises and notice periods required.

We have fecilities within Telehouse (Docklands) and I can certainly commend them for good service, we had facilities with Redbus before the merger but as a result of the merge Redbus's prices went vertical.  We no longer have facilities with TCRB as a result.  It would also appear a few other companies have recently taken this view as well.

One thing which I have found to be useful within Telehouse is free (within reason) use of there remote hands for simple problems i.e. reboots etc.

Currently there also seems to be good words being said for InterXion, I believe LINX are evaluating InterXion as a LINX node within London.

Also within London a very useful company has come to light www.datahop.it they are providing very cheap interconnects between various different facilities and in particular I know they are able to get LINX and LONAP connections to facilities which don't currently house either of those XP's

Mark Kaye
Eaton Kaye Ltd.