AS 8437 announced a quarter of the net for half of an hour

Josh Karlin karlinjf at cs.unm.edu
Mon Aug 14 19:36:36 UTC 2006

Greetings,

Today (Aug 14th 2006) AS 8437 announced 63 /8 nets from 14:30 to 15:00
UTC.  I don't believe that this is normal, but please correct me if I
am wrong.

More info can be found at the Internet Alert Registry here:
http://cs.unm.edu/~karlinjf/IAR/prefix.php?filter=most

If you come to this 24 hours of the event, you can go here:
http://cs.unm.edu/~karlinjf/IAR/search.php and do an Hijacker AS search on 8437.

If you would like to see the routes as they happened from a RIPE
viewpoint, please check out this very cool site:
http://stats.sunet.se/bgpsearch/

Following is the list of announced nets:

1/8
2/8
5/8
7/8