New Laptop Polices

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sat Aug 12 19:43:56 UTC 2006

Michael Nicks wrote:

> Do we all really believe this laptop ban will last? I sure don't.

I think there are two issues in this thread -- this must refer to the
air travel bans.  I don't know, but I'll bet it not only persists, it
will get worse.

The other issue has to do with the trend to thoughtlessly carry valuable
data (which in many cases belongs to somebody who didn't get a say-so in
its care) in laptops which are not protected.

Somehow somebody is going to do something draconian to get that under
control.

Some other form of executive dick-waving is going to have to be
developed that does not put so much at risk.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

http://members.cox.net/larrysheldon/