New Laptop Polices

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sat Aug 12 02:37:06 UTC 2006

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
>
>>Do modern laptops have disk drives that are that hard to remove?
>
> one screw and 'pop' out comes all dell laptop harddrives... or boot from
> cd, usb->copy all data, slide back into case and move on to next.
>
> you have 2 hours between baggage arrival and load-plane time so you do the
> math! :)

I guess I mis-understood his intent. [1]

In any case, it occurred to me that in today's throw-away commodity
computer world, why don't we return to those thrilling days of
yesteryear where we expected the destination to have all the stuff we
needed, pretty much?  All the files on a central server (where, like the
old central file room they will be safer) accessed from appliances
installed everywhere like lights and telephones.  Maybe give them a
catchy name like "minitel" or something.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

http://members.cox.net/larrysheldon/