New Laptop Polices

Neil J. McRae neil at domino.org
Fri Aug 11 18:51:05 UTC 2006

I think the issue is more to do with theft by dodgy baggage handlers (or randy if he sees a disclaimer notice on the laptop case in which case he'd throw it in the trash  and ask the airport concierge to make an announceent about it over the airport PA system ;)). If you have data that is so sensitive then in theory you should already have a security platform (encryption etc) on the laptop as you are just as likely to get mugged in the street as you are to get your luggage stolen.  One thing that I know for some smaller companies is that their disaster recovery plans may need reviewing in light of this policy.

Regards,
Neil
--
Neil J. McRae -- Alive and Kicking