ISP wants to stop outgoing web based spam

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 08:44:38 UTC 2006

On 11 Aug 2006, at 05:24, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
[...]
> Please show me which virus scanner scans html pages for the words
> like V I A G R A, or Free M O R T G A G E, as it is going outbound.

It's the one you're going to have to write, or coerce somebody to
write, if you want it that much.

I have a sneaking suspicion that SpamAssassin's core could probably
be pressed into action here, wrapped in a HTTP proxy. It wouldn't
scale terribly well, but it might be enough to keep tabs on a few
tens of hosts that you expect trouble to come from.

HTTPS would be a bit more tricky and would require the co-operation
of the cybercafe to install your CA cert on their browsers and crank
down the security settings so you could do a MITM attack.