SORBS Contact

Noel noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Aug 9 22:23:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 06:49, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> We were hit by the requirement to include the word "static" in our DNS
> names to satisfy requirements. It wasn't enough to just say "this /17 is
> only static IPs, one customer, one IP, no dhcp or other dynamics at all),
> we actually had to change all PTR records to this arbitrary "standard".
>
> Took several weeks to get delisted even after that.

We've had our moments with SORBS, Matthew is a very approachable person.
Things get sorted out pretty quickly, generally within a few days,
Matthew also has others who help him and one of them is an obnoxious
####.

I do agree though, the requirment to have X TTL and 'static' or non
'dsl' 'dial' in DNS is a bit too far, I understand this is for
automation, its the only part of SORBS i disagree with, that said we
still use them, as do many large carriers ion this country, because the
use  of RBL's is for one reason, to STOP the wanker, and SORBS along
with spamcop and spamhaus and njabl go a very long way to prevent
peoples privacy being invaded by those vernom