ISP wants to stop outgoing web based spam

Ken Simpson ksimpson at mailchannels.com
Wed Aug 9 16:43:52 UTC 2006

> I thought it was pretty clear that he was talking about e-mail spam
> submitted using HTTP to webmail services like hotmail, yahoo and gmail:

I guess I'm still a little confused about the poster's original
request. It sounds like he is interested in stopping his own users
from spamming via web-based email services such as Gmail and Hotmail,
or via insecure forms. That can be accomplished hypothetically by
filtering HTTP requests and looking for spam in POSTs; although with
the proliferation os AJAX-style interfaces in these services, figuring
out which POSTs refer to a message submission is far more difficult
than it was in the good old Web 1.0 days.

Regards,
Ken

--
MailChannels: Reliable Email Delivery (TM) | http://mailchannels.com