ISP wants to stop outgoing web based spam

Matthew Black black at csulb.edu
Wed Aug 9 15:44:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:59:52 +0200
  Jeroen Massar <jeroen at unfix.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 09:50 -0400, Mills, Charles wrote:
>> I think if such a thing would exist, the "verification" gifs to prevent
>> automated free yahoo and hotmail account signups would be defeated as
>> well.
>
> You mean Captcha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha)
>
> Which is not so much of an issue:
> http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/

Use of "captchas" has serious accessibility issues:0
visually-impaired users will have trouble completing forms.
 From a legal standpoint, this is a no-go and most definitely
not possible for any government or public-sector agency in
the United States. Several web accessibility regulations
prohibit impairments.

matthew black
network services
california state university, long beach