Routing issues with cox?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Aug 3 17:02:38 UTC 2006

Anyone know of something going on with Cox currently?
We've had a number of customers report they can't get
to us (AS 33260) from Cox (AS 22773).  We've tried
forcing traffic out different providers of ours and it
usually seems to die with Level 3 in DFW, Time Warner
Telecom in DFW, Cogent in Atlanta, AT&T in Atlanta,
etc.  On the Cox side, going on traceroute info from
customers, it looks like they might force their
outbound on Cogent because everything from them seems
to come through that peer even though we prepend that
one heavily.

Thanks,

David