APC Matrix 5000 question(s) (please, lets end this)

joe mcguckin joe at via.net
Thu Aug 3 00:59:29 UTC 2006

Can't you guys take this off-list? I'm seeing this thread gatewayed
on *another* mailing list also.

Somehow, APC battery maintenance doesn't seem like a critical topic
(unlike for example, internet pipe cleaning day) ^)

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications

joe at via.net
650-207-0372 cell
650-213-1302 office
650-969-2124 fax

On Aug 2, 2006, at 6:34 AM, up at 3.am wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Matthew Sullivan wrote:
>

>> up at 3.am wrote:
>>> Update: I replaced the batteries today, and indeed, several of
>>> the old
>>> ones (mostly in the first pack) were split and some had popped a
>>> couple of
>>> their "sealed" tops.
>>>
>>> I left for several hours and came back to the house stinking like
>>> burning
>>> rubber.  The new batteries are apparently melting the terminal
>>> rubber