Larry the lobster

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Apr 27 09:39:02 UTC 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:32 AM, Aaron Glenn wrote:

> On 4/26/06, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if Ruth reads NANOG?
>>
>> I knew that AT&T did this, but I never knew the name of the person
>> with the job before.
>
> But who really knew Madonna tickets going on sale made up an
> appreciable amount of voice traffic across the nation? I know I
> didn't.

I don't think that was a given here.  It's an appreciable amount of
voice traffic on AT&T.

I'm guessing there is a lot of traffic that stays local to the LEC,
wireless carrier, whatever, plus the traffic that goes inter-company
but doesn't touch AT&T.  I'm further guessing that the total traffic
that doesn't touch AT&T is much larger than the traffic which does
touch AT&T today.

But those are just guesses.  Anyone know where you can find data on
such things?

--
TTFN,
patrick