data center space

Edward B. DREGER eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Tue Apr 25 19:07:29 UTC 2006

> Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:17:51 +0100
> From: Michael.Dillon at btr...

> You have to take a balanced approach to continuity planning.
> Otherwise, you risk going bankrupt long before there is
> any big catastrophe.

"risk analysis"

> Also, I would say that expecting a terror act to knock
> out a 65 square mile area is being a bit over pessimistic.
> Pessimal pessimism at its optimal.

Who said "terrorism"?  Come on, people.  Let's not turn NANOG-L into an
RNC sounding board.

I seem to recall a *really big* power outage a few years back.  And does
the New England area ever have major snowstorms?  Each region has plenty
of inherent hazards, both natural and not.

Let's not limit our concerns to "the boogeyman is out to get us",
particularly when discussing "balance".

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.