Verizonwireless.com Blacklisted SMTP

Chris Riling criling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 20:11:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

     What's up with VZW blacklisting a large amount of IP space on their
MXes? I have tried sending mail to verizonwireless.com from several boxes on
Cogent's network to no avail... Is Cogent on the "bad boy list" yet again?
Anyone have a useful contact there? We're not able to correspond with our
sales rep via email and they're losing business. I have contacted some NOC
engineers with no luck...

Trying 162.115.163.69...
Connected to mars.verizonwireless.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
554-venus.verizonwireless.com
554-Your access to the VZW mail systems has been rejected due to the sending
MTA or Network Service Provider's poor reputation  / e-mail hygiene on the
Internet.
554-
554-Please reference the following URL for more information:
554-http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=
554-
554 If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the
recipient via alternate means.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Thanks,
Chris