Google AdSense Crash

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sun Apr 23 20:58:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2006, at 5:51 PM, John Palmer (NANOG Acct) wrote:
>

>> OK - more: Don't have an answer as to why, but the website comes up with:
>>
>> "The Google AdSense website is temporarily unavailable. Please try back
>> later.
>> We apologize for any inconvenience."
>>
>> This is a big deal and it is operational in nature.
>
> It is fully functional at London Heathrow @ 1000 BST (0500 EDT).
>
> Maybe this is / was a middleware issue.

If one observes enough google outages, one would conclude that they then
to be localized, and transient. One might conclude further from that
observation, that as an ASP they don't have all their eggs in the same
basket. The upshot though is that observers with different vantage points
are observing different pieces of infrastructure.

I personally would question the utility of reporting on a failure of a
service without being able to point at least in direction of the piece
that failed.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu