data center space

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Apr 21 10:51:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 09:34:41AM -0700, Philip Lavine wrote:

> Can someone tell me if I am out of luck. I am trying to get a 10x10 cage in New Jersey (Jersey City area) but it seems everybody is at capacity. What happened?

My guess (this being NJ) is an aftereffect of the 9/11/2001 disaster.
By five years after, most companies who could be affected by such an
outage may have relocated a continuing-operations set of machines to one
or more colo data centers.  I don't know why the data centers would not
have expanded to meet the influx, though.

--
Joe Yao