Tools for LARTing large nets of compromised boxen? (on/off list summary)

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Apr 20 21:55:21 UTC 2006

I received quite a few good responses, I've ended up using incident.pl and
wormeter.pl from the list below (found at the same place).

Thanks again everyone.

IASON was pointed out but seems incomplete http://iason.site.voila.fr/ and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/iason/

Another member pointed out that Cymru WHOIS server has a bulk mode input to
turn IP lists into source ASNs.  http://www.cymru.com/ and
whois://whois.cymru.com/

incident.pl from http://www.viraj.org/ along with wormeter.pl from same is
what I ended up using.  I had to write a pattern to match, and remove other
patterns to prevent accidental matches but this ended up doing what I
wanted.

I got some other responses, some duplicates too.  I've anonymized responses
since I'm not sure if the off-list responders wish to be identified.