Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Wed Apr 12 07:57:14 UTC 2006

Hmm, if some idiot wrote my NTP IP into his hardware, I just stop to monitor
my NTP and make sure that it have few hours of error in time. No one require
me to CLAIM that I set up wrong time, BUT no one can require me to maintain
correct time just because some idiots use my server.

The same in this case - instead of long claiming, complaining and so on they
could just set up wrong time (and never claim that they did it - just _oo,
we have a wrong time.. Thanks, but we do not maintain this NTP server and we
cannot change anything on this server so we cannot correct it_ - and problem
could be solved forever. And even could maintain different NTP translation
fro their customers. Just again, no one can prohibit it, even in USA. Just
_DO NOT CLAIM_ that it was intentionally.

Here is a difference  - _coffee is hot, someone's server is brokn, if
'Ivan||Paul||Lisa' have a CD he/she always can make a copy,
fire can burn, dog can bite_ - everyone should know it; if he do not know,
it's his personal problems, not someone's liability. Kids MUST learn such
things when they are young. It is COMMON SENSE.