Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Wed Apr 12 04:57:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Alain Hebert wrote:

>     Yeap ... cooperate...  Which DLink is not doing.
>
>     All legal discussion end the same way...  a dead end.
>
>     Half are scared by lawyer and the other have enought intestinal
> fortitude to put them in there place.
>
>     (At the bottom of the sea hopefully)

If everyone on NANOG were to send a boycott email ("Our company, Acme
Internet Carrier of Oshkosh, will no longer be using Dlink equipment due
to yada yada yada") and send it to the Investor Relations email addresses
listed at:
http://www.corpasia.net/taiwan/2332/irwebsite/index.php?secid=22&version=e&mod=ircontacts
Then Dlink would have to sit up and notice and fix the problem (especially
once the quarterly sales numbers shows an unexplained 10% sales dip
starting in May 2006).

And best of all - no lawyers needed.  Boycotting someone or something is
legal.

-Hank