Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sat Apr 8 08:26:06 UTC 2006

On Sat Apr 08, 2006 at 03:15:24AM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> There's still an ARP
> every 2-3 seconds for it caused by people who hard-coded the IP address.

I've been configuring up a few ciscos recently. In the config, I enter
"ntp server pool.ntp.org", at which point IOS resolves pool.ntp.org, and stores
the IP address it gets in the config. Not entirely what is expected, but an
explaination for why IPs get hardcoded...

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *